Winter At Great Wolf Lodge- A Perfect Place To Warm Up
The winter freeze is definitely upon us. Although we do enjoy the snowy outdoor activities, we are also always in search of a cozy winter retreat. Luckily for us, Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos- less than two hours away from NYC is always there for us. Imagine enjoying an indoor water park with a view of the snowy mountains. It’s yours for the taking. One of our favorite family fun resorts is definitely Great Wolf. No matter that age of your children, from infants to adults, even the grandparents will have a blast. If you do visit, make sure you pack your swimsuit. Well, if you do forget, there is always one available at one of the shoppes.
Ten Things Our Family Loves About Great Wolf Lodge
1. You can choose your own activity level from reading a book in front of the fireplace in the Grand Lobby to swimming and water slides. It’s your call.
2. Magiquest and Shadowquest: What a fun game for all ages. The kids will love solving quests and moving on to different levels. Good Luck at the end if you go up against the dragon. He’s a tough one to beat, but there is always someone on hand from the Magiquest team to help you out, so don’t worry.
3. The Water park! Okay, so this one is definitely is my family’s favorite. We all love the wave pool, water slides and whirlpools. 84 degrees. Yes, please!
4. There are plenty of places to dine at the lodge. You do not have to leave to fill up the bellies. There are choices from buffets, Wolf It Down pizza, and more. Did I mention there is a Starbucks?
5. Story Hour is my daughter’s favorite. She loves watching the Clock Tower show followed by story time and then a character meet and greet. It is simply adorable. If you visit, don’t miss it.
6. The rooms are a world onto themselves. There is a huge variety of room styles to choose from. We love the loft with two floors of fun, and an in room fireplace and balcony. There are also rooms that tout bunk beds and their own kids’ cabin within the room.
7. There is a SPA within the lodge. One for adults and one for kids- Scooops Kids Spa. Enough said?
8. The Northern Lights arcade is a family fun spot for all of us. Everyone in our family has a blast between air hockey, skee ball, Deal or No Deal, and so many more choices.
9. The Staff! They are amazing. We visit the Poconos location and they are just top notch. No matter where you are in the lodge you can find a smiling face and someone to help or just brighten up your day. They are knowledgeable and willing to lend an extra hand.
10. Family time! With everyone on a different schedule it’s nice to get away, even for one night and just be together. The laughs are many and the memories we are making will last forever. Great Wolf Lodge cannot be beat for close to home family fun!
If your family is ready to warm up this winter, you should definitely check out Great Wolf Lodge.
See you there! Great Wolf Lodge
Disclosure: No compensation was given for this post. A greatly reduced media rate is provided in order to facilitate this post. All opinions are that of Diane Sullivan. This post is part of our #Roadtrip2fun Series. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and everywhere else as @3decades3kids.