Great Wolf Lodge- A Perfect Summer Place for Family and Friends to Make Memories
The Poconos is loaded up with indoor waterparks everywhere you look at this point in time. There are plenty to choose from for sure. Although our family has visited most of them, we just keep coming back to our old favorite. Are you looking for a great place to grab the family and friends to join together and have an awesome time? Look no farther than Great Wolf Lodge. Recently our family visited Great Wolf Lodge, Poconos. Although we travel all around, one of our favorite places to just chill out and be together as a family is less than two hours from NYC and minutes over the PA border. People constantly ask us how we can keep going back to the same place time after time. We always have the same answer- It’s a great place to go with plenty of things to do and something for all ages. It’s a place you can bring all of your extended family and friends and just hang out-laughing and have fun.
Ten Things You Should Know Before You Go!
1. No Matter which room choice you make it will come equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. That means you can bring your own water and snacks! I’m sure you will want to test our some of the delicious treats sold at Great Wolf Lodge as well. They are hard to resist, but it will be great to have your own stash at hand for the in betweens.
2. Bring your bathing suit. There are plenty of things to do at GWL without a bathing suit, but you definitely will want to take advantage of the waterpark while visiting. There is also an outdoor pool- so lotion is a must if you plan on swimming outdoors. If you do forget there is a swim shop!
3. Pre-purchase the breakfast or buy it at check in. You will get a better rate and will thank yourself in the morning when the scent of pancakes comes calling down your hallway.
4. Check out the Paw Pass! This handy little item combines most of the activities into a bundle at a discounted price. Most likely your child is going to want to play Magi Quest, play Glow Golf, visit Ten Paw Alley and more. You can save a bunch by taking advantage of the Paw Pass. Another perk is that you can share the items between your kids!
5. There are complimentary activities all day long! The morning starts off with Yoga Tales (kid’s yoga complete with yoga mat), the Wolf Walk, balloon makers, cookie decorating, all the way into the night which ends with a night story and meet up with your favorite GWL characters. On select nights there are even dance parties! All of these activities are included with your stay.
6. You can arrive early and stay late! If you are planning on one night you can arrive by 1pm and check in, grab your wristbands and head to the waterpark! The day of checkout you can play all day and use a locker and changing rooms at the waterpark. It will be the most action packed 24 hours ever!
7. Your wristband is your room key and can be used for charging. You don’t have to worry about leaving your valuables poolside. You can lock them up in the room safe and still have charging rights while you swim.
8. You do not need to bring towels! All towels are included at the waterpark!
9. For Mom and Dad there is a fitness center, 21+ whirlpools, and Elements Spa!
10. Have fun! Toddlers, Tweens and Teens don’t last forever. Make the years count and create memories that your family will cherish forever.
So grab the family this summer and head to Great Wolf Lodge! You can sign up for discounts to hit your inbox via https://www.greatwolf.com/ or check out groupon for more discounted rooms. If you are visiting the Poconos there are a lot of indoor water park choices at this point, but we just coming back to Great Wolf Lodge, they must be doing something right!
Also, check out the great time we had at the outdoor pool and cabana rental! So much fun!
Disclosure: Diane Sullivan/3decades3kids is a Great Wolf Lodge Partner Blog. All opinions are that of Diane Sullivan and do not reflect those of the parent company . As always, thank you for having us and treating our family like gold! This post is part of our #Roadtrip2fun series. Contact me at Diane@3decades3kids.net and @3decades3kids across all social media platforms. Snapchat us at: ThreeDecades