Giveaway: Score A Touchdown
This Game Day
With Stop & Shop and $25 Gift Card
Super Bowl Sunday is on the way, ready or not! It’s the second biggest day of the year for food consumption in the U.S. next to Thanksgiving. Thank goodness Stop&Shop is here to help you score a touchdown in the food section! If you are like me, you are constantly serving non-stop food on game day. I was so happy to come across this awesome Turkey Chili Topped Baked Potatoes! Yummmmo!!
Shop & Stop is great at helping out, too. If you need an extra hand in the kitchen we have some great ideas. The preparation is easy with a selection of entertaining party trays, including sandwiches, wings, fried chicken, desserts and more available to order. Visit Stop & Shop’s Entertaining page at www.stopandshop.com to start your order or order in-store at the deli, bakery, seafood or meat departments. Let me know what you order. I’ll be right over with the family!
All Stop & Shop stores are also stocked with ready-made favorites at the wing bar or olive, hummus and salsa bar. Don’t forget to check out the produce section for pre-cut veggies and fruit as well as prepared guacamole and fresh salsa.
Game on for feeding the 12th Man
While chicken wings, dips and other tailgate favorites are sure to be on many menus, why not try putting a twist on meat and potatoes with Stop & Shop’s recipe for turkey chili-topped baked potatoes which are sure to please any crowd!
Turkey Chili-Topped Baked Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 4
• 4 large baking potatoes
• 1 Tablespoon Stop & Shop olive oil
• ½ lb. ground turkey breast
• 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
• 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
• ½ cup Stop & Shop shredded cheddar cheese
• Toppings (optional): sour cream, sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; prick several times with a fork. Bake 1 hour or until fork-tender. Remove from oven.
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey; cook until no longer pink (165°F), stirring to break up turkey. Stir in seasoning mix and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; keep covered.
3. Cut potatoes open lengthwise; squeeze gently to open. Fluff potato pulp with a fork. Spoon turkey mixture evenly over potatoes, top with cheese and desired toppings, and serve.
For more game day recipe ideas, visit the Recipe Center at www.stopandshop.com.
Healthy and tailgate foods don’t often go hand in hand, but Stop & Shop is offering a few better-for-you suggestions to help navigate the football festivities while still enjoying your favorites.
• Don’t go to a party hungry as you will most likely end up eating more. Eat a balanced breakfast and lunch beforehand with lean protein, fruits and vegetables. Include some exercise or activity during the day, which can help balance the calories.
• Try small portions of your favorite dishes and slow down at the buffet. It can take your brain about 20 minutes to recognize fullness.
• Remember the veggie tray! Fill half of your plate with a variety of available vegetables, but go easy on the dip.
• Prepare your tailgate favorites with a few simple recipe swaps like utilizing low fat dairy products or ground turkey, turkey bacon or leaner beef.
Two points for safety
Another way to ensure your party is a success is to remember to keep food safety top of mind throughout the day from preparation to clean up to prevent food-borne illness amongst your guests. Incorporate these tips into your preparations:
• To prevent cross-contamination, be sure to use soap and hot water to wash hands, utensils and surfaces that have touched raw meat or eggs.
• The best way to know if meat is cooked thoroughly is to use a meat thermometer and check the temperature. Before removing from the grill or oven, insert a meat thermometer halfway into the thickest part of the meat, making sure it does not go through to the other side. To prevent harmful bacteria such as E coli, cook meat and seafood to these recommended internal temperatures: ground beef hamburgers – 160oF; ground and whole poultry – 165oF; chops, steaks and roasts from beef, veal or lamb – 145oF for medium rare, 160oF for medium and 170oF for well done; pork chops and roast – 145oF; and shrimp, lobster and crabs – cooked until the flesh is pearly and opaque.
• Keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold to avoid bacteria growth. Also remember the two-hour rule. Perishable foods should be removed from the table and refrigerated promptly. When it doubt, throw it out.
GIVEAWAY: We have a $25 Gift Card to give away so you can have some Stop& Shop fun of your own!
Answer the question in the comments below:
What is your favorite food?
1.Follow us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/3decades3kids/ Leave a separate comment that you followed us and the name you followed with. If you already follow us on Pinterest, please leave a comment saying you are a follower.
2.Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/3decades3kids Leave a separate comment that you followed us and the name you followed with. If you already follow us on Twitter, please leave a comment saying you are a follower.
3. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/3decades3kids Leave a separate comment that you liked us and the name you followed with. If you already follow us on Facebook, please leave a comment saying you are a follower.
4. Subscribe to us on Youtube: http://youtube.com/3decades3kids Leave a separate comment that you liked us and the name you followed with. If you already follow us on Youtube, please leave a comment saying you are a follower.
5. Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/3decades3kids Leave a separate comment that you liked us and the name you followed with. If you already follow us on Instagram, please leave a comment saying you are a follower.
Winner will be chosen via random.org and notified by email on January 31st. Giveaway ends January 30th at 11.59pm. USA/18+ Please.
Disclosure: Diane Sullivan was provided with sample products/giftcard. No compensation was given for this post. All opinions are that of Diane Sullivan and do not reflect the opinions of Stop & Shop. Contact Diane Sullivan at ELGEorgia@aol.com and everywhere else at .@3decades3kids. Yum! Yum! See you at Stop & Shop! #Foodie