PBR to Open 2019 Season at Madison Square Garden January 4, 5, 6, 2019
Grab your friends and family, it’s that time of year in NYC! I don’t know about you but our family’s favorite way to start of the new year is to join our friends and kick up our boots at PBR in NYC! It’s the one time a year we can go total country right here in the heart of New York. Of course we are not the only ones, there are plenty of people who join the fun. You might be a super fan of bull riding, or maybe it’s a first for you, both seem to enjoy the event just the same. As for our family, we have been going for years and are totally hooked on the sport. This year for the 13th consecutive year, PBR (Professional Bull Riders) will buck into “The World’s Most Famous Arena,” as the toughest sport on dirt launches the 2019 season for the elite PBR Unleash The Beast. The PBR’s brand of thrilling, high-flying rides and jaw-dropping wrecks will buck into the Big Apple on Jan. 4-6 for the Monster Energy Buck Off at the Garden, presented by Ariat, when the Top 35 riders in the world will square off against the rankest bucking bulls in the nation, the ultimate showdown of man vs. beast, in an effort to be crowned the event champion and earn crucial points towards the world standings.
The New York City event will also be one of four Majors, where riders will have the chance to earn increased world points (1,125), and their share of the augmented event purse, with the event winner poised to collect a $100,000 check. Last season, Gage Gay won the Garden event as one of only two riders to go a perfect 4-for-4. In the biggest payday of his PBR career, Gay earned $109,025.50 and 700 PBR world points catapulting the North Carolina cowboy to the No. 1 spot in the world standings for the first time in his career. While Gay will be unable to defend his title, sidelined by a knee injury, five past winners, including 2017 World Champion Jess Lockwood (2017), two-time World Champion J.B. Mauney (2014, 2009 and 2007), Fabiano Vieira (2014), Cody Nance (2012) and Valdiron de Oliveira (2011 and 2008), are all anticipated to return to Madison Square Garden in search of claiming yet another win in New York City.
The event comes on the heels of yet another electric race for the PBR World Championship. While Kaique Pacheco fought through a torn PCL and MCL to retain his lead atop the standings and claim the 2018 PBR World title, No. 2 Jose Vitor Leme, No. 3 Cody Teel, No. 4 Claudio Montanha Jr. and No. 5 Marco Eguchi, winner of the World Finals event, kept the pressure on, leading the title to be decided by the final outs.
For three nights, the Top 35 bull riders in the world will take on their 1,800-pound bovine opponents atop 750 tons of dirt spread 8 inches deep across the home of the New York Rangers and New York Knicks, striving to win their share of the $140,000 event purse. The PBR has awarded more than $1.2 million in New York City in the last decade, as well as valuable world standings points that count toward the season’s overall $1 million PBR World Championship title decided each November in Las Vegas. Fans can witness America’s Original Extreme Sport beginning on Friday, January 4 at 7:45 p.m. ET, Saturday, January 5 and 6:45 p.m. ET, and on Sunday, January 6 at 1:45 p.m. ET. Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com or via phone at 800-745-3000. Tickets are also available at the MSG Box Office or via phone at 866-858-0088.
PBR Elite Seats will be available for those wanting a true VIP experience. Located in an exclusive section of the arena immediately next to the chutes and all the action, the PBR Elite Seats are priced at $545 each and will give fans the VIP experience of a lifetime; a pre-event reception with refreshments, backstage tours featuring a PBR 101 presentation, and meet-and-greet with top PBR stars. These seats are also available now. As the first stop of the 2019 PBR Unleash The Beast season, New York City will host the beginning of a fierce 26-stop tour that includes stops in Chicago, Anaheim, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Sacramento. The season will culminate with the PBR World Finals in Las Vegas where the 2019 PBR World Champion, the bull rider who earns the most PBR world points during the season, will receive the coveted World Championship belt buckle and $1 million bonus.
About the PBR (Professional Bull Riders):
The world’s premier bull riding organization began as a dream of 20 bull riders 26 years ago and now operates in five countries. On its elite tour, the organization features the Top 35 bull riders in the world and the top bulls in the business. The televised PBR Unleash The Beast, along with the PBR Velocity Tour (VT), the PBR Touring Pro Division (TPD) and the PBR’s international circuits in Australia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico have paid nearly $184 million in earnings to its athletes. Thirty-six bull riders have earned more than $1 million, including two-time PBR World Champion J.B. Mauney who is the top-earning athlete in Western sports history with more than $7.3 million in career earnings. PBR is part of the Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG) network. For more information on the PBR, go to PBR.com, or follow on Facebook at Facebook.com/PBR, Instagram at Instagram.com/PBR, and YouTube at YouTube.com/PBR.
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Enjoy the delightfully thrilling tale of a mysterious house where things, including the inhabitants, are not what they seem to be. The House With a Clock in its Walls arrives on Digital and via the digital movie app Movies Everywhere as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand Based on the classic children’s book and praised as “creaky, freaky haunted-mansion fun” (LA Times), The House With a Clock in its Walls features over 60 minutes of bonus content including an alternate beginning and ending, stunning featurettes, deleted scenes, a hilarious gag reel, and feature commentary. Enchanting from start to finish, it’s the perfect adventure for families during the holidays.
Full of wonder and adventure, The House With a Clock in its Walls mesmerizes audiences of all ages and keeps the magic alive when stars Jack Black (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Kung Fu Panda), Cate Blanchett (Ocean’s 8, Thor: Ragnarok) and Owen Vaccaro (Daddy’s Home, Mother’s Day) arrive as Uncle Jonathan, Mrs. Zimmerman and Lewis Barnavelt. In the most unexpected places, fantastical events, miraculous twists and suspense filled moments ensue in this “zany kids adventure” (The Hollywood Reporter) that soon captivates adults as well. In the tradition of Amblin classics, master frightener and director Eli Roth’s The House With a Clock in its Walls is a family-friendly fantasy film that “stands alongside the ‘just for kids’ classics of the 1980’s and 1990’s” (Forbes).
In The House With a Clock in its Walls directed by Eli Roth (The Green Inferno, Cabin Fever), Lewis Barnavelt (Vaccaro) goes to live with his Uncle Jonathan (Black) in a creaky and creepy mansion with an eerie tick-tocking heart. But when Lewis soon finds out he’s in the presence of magic practiced by his uncle and neighbor Mrs. Zimmerman (Blanchett), his new town’s dreary aura boosts to life in an exciting and dangerous way. Based on the beloved children’s classic book written by John Bellairs and illustrated by Edward Gorey, The House With a Clock in its Walls is written by Eric Kripke (creator of TV’s “Supernatural”) and co-stars Kyle MacLachlan (“Twin Peaks,” Inside Out), Colleen Camp (Clue), Renée Elise Goldsberry (“One Life to Live”), and Sunny Suljic (Mid90s, The Killing of a Sacred Deer). It is produced by Mythology Entertainment’s Brad Fischer (Shutter Island) and James Vanderbilt (Zodiac), as well as Kripke.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Warlocks and Witches – Go behind the scenes with the enchanting cast of The House with a Clock in Its Walls
- Finding Lewis – A look at the casting of Owen Vaccaro
- Jack’s Magical Journey – A look at the unique dynamism and magic that Jack Black brings to the character of Jonathan Barnavelt
- The Great Cate – The cast discuss Cate Blanchett’s wonderful performance as Florence Zimmerman
- The Terrifying Isaac Izard – Watch Kyle MacLachlan’s creepy evolution from living icon to undead-warlock
- Movie Magic
- The Ultimate Haunted House – Join filmmakers for a guided tour through the incredible house at the center of the film
- Automatons Attack – A behind-the-scenes look at the mechanical horrors involved in this chilling sequence
- Pumpkin Puke – Behind the scenes with the cast and an army of spooky, snarling, vomiting pumpkins
- Moving Pieces – Filmmakers and cast discuss the amazing clock room set
- Baby Jack – A behind-the-scenes look at the creepy Baby Jack sequence
- Tick Tock: Bringing the Book to Life – Filmmakers discuss how they adapted the book for the big screen
- Eli Roth: Director’s Journals – Director Eli Roth takes viewers behind the scenes
- Candler Mansion
- Newnan, GA
- The Chair
- Comrade Ivan
- New Zebedee Elementary
- Wrap Day
- Owen Goes Behind the Scenes – Armed with his own camera, Owen guides viewers on his own journey behind-the-scenes of the movie
- Around the Set
- Behind the Camera
- The Big Interview
- Downtime on Set
- Theme Song Challenge – Eli Roth and the cast are challenged to come up with a theme song for the film
- Do You Know Jack Black? – The cast compete with each other to see who knows Jack Black the best
- Abracadabra! – Eli Roth performs a magic trick for Owen Vaccaro
- Jack Black’s Greatest Fear – Eli Roth and Owen Vaccaro play a prank on Jack Black
- The Mighty Wurlitzer – Composer Nathan Barr discusses how he created the film’s unique and distinct score
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM DVD & DIGITAL:
- Alternate Opening and Ending with Commentary by Director Eli Roth and Actor Jack Black available
- Alternate Opening
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Eli Roth and Actor Jack Black available
- More Books, Please
- A Horrible Practical Joke
- Tarby Ditches Lewis
- Eat Up
- Play for Him
- Get Out of the Way
- Time Is of the Essence
- The Clock That Never Breaks
- 12 Minutes to Go
- Gag Reel
- Feature Commentary with Director Eli Roth and Actor Jack Black
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM, Blu-rayTM and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-rayTM version, all in stunning 4K resolution.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit .
Disclosure: Diane Sullivan is a movie blogger who partners with the newest blurays/dvds coming out and in the movie theater. Contact me for collabs at email@example.com or @3decades3kids across all social media networks.
We are so excited to partner with Bumblebee movie on this incredible Bumblebee Prize Pack and Movie Ticket giveaway! The prize pack is pictured above and then may even be a few extra little surprises. In addition two movie vouchers will be included to use when Bumblebee hits theaters on December 21 or later. So, who are my Bumblebee fans?! We are ending the giveaway on Thursday at noon so we can get the prize shipped out asap!
Wondering what Bumblebee is all about? On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.
To enter our giveaway you can do any or all of the choices listed here. Winner will be chosen on Thursday, December 20th at noon (EST) via random.org. Winner will be contacted immediately via way they entered. Good luck all. (USA/18+ only).
- Comment on this blog post- Who would you give the prize pack to? It’s okay if you want it for yourself, it’s so awesome!
- Follow/Like/Comment on the Bumblebee Prize pack picture we have posted to our instagram account https://www.instagram.com/p/Brg4t2Yg1I2/
- Follow instagram.com/NYCityGuys
- Follow us on Twitter and RT the pic of Bumblebee prize pack! https://twitter.com/3decades3kids/status/1074872362015838208
Free on Tuesday night, December 18th? We have free screening passes to Bumblebee Movie in NYC! Grab them right here: http://3decades3kids.net/blog/2018/12/you-are-invited-to-the-nyc-advance-screening-of-bumblebee-bumblebeemovie/
Disclosure: Prize Pack provided by Bumblebee Movie. In theaters December 21, 2019. Sample pack provided. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and @3decades3kids across all social media networks.